Book Blog

Sunday, September 24, 2006

A Dirty Job

by Christopher Moore

Listened to this as an audiobook (so no quotes). This was a really funny, surreal book. Definitely black humor. I guess a book about being a grim reaper and battling the forces of the underworld would be like that. Anyway, I liked it, except that it wrapped up way too quickly (can you really wrap up 11 hours of book in the last 20 minutes?) and the "Beta Male" motif got old about 8 hours in. I mean, it made a lot of sense, and made me laugh a lot, but it seemed a little overused as an explanation after a while. Or maybe I was just tired of hearing it as the explanation (not that it wasn't valid in all of the contexts it was used). Anyway, it's funny, and I've recommended it to a couple friends that have lots of time in vehicles and like Edward Gorey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home